This project is read-only.

Wrong hostname => crash

Jun 1, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Hi,

I have just installed SynoManager and type \\MyServer as hostname (a mistake) during the configuration step.

I didn't get any warning at that time. But later, while running SynoManager, I got a .Net exception with the message : Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

I tried to configure the hostname in the .config file without success. Strange, the settings were empty in this config file. Anyway, setting an IP in there didn't solve the problem.

So I did an uninstall and reinstall... But it still crashes and I can't reconfigure it ?!?

What can I do ?

O.

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:34 PM
Edited Jun 2, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Well, I read in the source code that the settings are stored in the System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.

Because I have checked the option "Remember Me", those settings are reloaded as soon as the software starts. But as there is a fault in the hostname I have typed, the software crashes.

Notice that the first time I started the soft, after failing the connection due to my faulty settings, it asked me again for correct settings, but I did a cancel. This is probably the origin of my problem ?

I would suggest to clean the settings if the connection fails to avoid such a situation.

I don't yet know how to remove the wrong settings from my machine (where VS.Net is not installed). Where are they stored on a Vista machine ?

O.

[EDIT] I have download the source code of the changeset 19948, compiled this and the exe works fine. I.e.: it fails due to the settings but ask me to type new ones instead. This solve my issue. I was using previously the SynoManager 0.12 (MSI Installer)

Jun 4, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Am at my work at the moment, but the configuration files should be stored in something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Devvert.nl\

Just delete all directories, and all stored settings are gone.

(Maybe I should create some option also to delete the configuration files on uninstall, and also let the application start normally when the configuration file is 'corrupt')

Flard

Jun 5, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Great ! I have deleted the files in this folder and SynoManager asked me for new settings while starting.

Thanks a lot !

O.