Compability with newest firmware

Mar 26, 2009 at 10:12 AM
Does anybody know if SynoManager still works on Synology DS with firmware version: DSM 2.1-0832; Build Date: 2009/03/07.
As I read, they changes there a lot.
I would like to upgrade but not sure if SynoManager (the only way to download from RS on Synology DS) will handle it.
Mar 26, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Hi Bedni,
The new firmware doesn't seem to make any difference, but I still get a lot of crashes. I think a few of them have been fixed, but Flard hasn't released the fixes yet.

John
Mar 26, 2009 at 11:47 AM
Ok, GUI crashes sometimes, need work on it ;)
But when assuming that Rapidshare link are not dead, Synology DS is not overload, I'm using most stable Windows Environment... will I able to download with no problems with newest firmware?
Mar 26, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Well I can't d/l anything ATM, I assumed it was the ongoing problems but maybe it is the latest firmware. Can you D/L using the clipboard watcher?

John
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2009 at 3:01 PM
(Just so you guys know: I'm currently very busy creating a new release. I fixed a lot of issues in the core code. But I also added support for the filestation and subscribing to rss feeds, and those things have to be finished before I can publish the new release. If everything goes well, I hope to release a 'beta' version around monday.)
Mar 27, 2009 at 11:14 AM
Hi Bedni,
I don't know whether you have been following the issue I raised about the crashes I was having, but it seems the problem was I hadn't cleared the D/L list. I can now confirm synomanager DOES work with the latest firmware!

John
Mar 27, 2009 at 11:29 AM
Thanks for that info John! Weekend is coming which means more time for tests.
I will update firmware this evening and spend some time trough weekend for testing app.

Or maybe I will wait until Flard release new beta version to be as more constructive as this can be (with no double issues)

Bedni